If you’re searching for the best kindergarten nap mats, you’ve found the right page!
Nap time is an important part of a toddler’s life as it gives our little ones the time they need to rest and recuperate. It is essential that the kinder mat you choose is comfortable and safe. A good nap mat should be easy to clean, store and carry as well.
We take a detailed look at the best nap mats for preschool.
Best Kindergarten Nap Mats
The top 3 award winners this year are listed below. Thru extensive research, parent feedback, and safety concerns, these are the best ones out of hundreds (at least it felt like that), that we think are the best of the best.
Kindergarten Nap Mats Buying Guide
Here are some key points to consider when purchasing a kindergarten nap mat.
Is it a 2 inch nap mat?
Many kindergartens and daycares only permit 2 inch thick nap mats. You should check your local requirements before purchasing one.
Also, check the actual thickness of the mat. What I mean is, sometimes the mat is only 1.5″ thick and the covering makes up that extra half-an-inch.
What’s the material like?
If you read the consumer reviews of some nap mats, you’ll find a lot of complaints about the material. Sometimes the inner material is too “Scratchy” and not soft enough to make your child feel comfortable. Try to look for ones with breathable cotton inner-linings.
Another important consideration is the noise they make. Some nap mats are very noisy and that won’t help your child make friends in Kindergarten.
Does it have a removable pillow?
Most of the kinder mats we reviewed had removable pillows. This is a great idea, for a few reasons. You don’t need to spend extra on a pillow. It makes the mat easier to wash and the pillow won’t lose its shape in the wash, too.
Does it have an attached blanket?
We found some nap mats with some great, over-sized blankets. A blanket helps kids wrap themselves up on cold, winter days and drift off to sleep. It also helps keep everything together so you won’t lose the blanket. And lastly, the added bonus is you won’t have to pay extra for a blanket as well.
If you shop around, you can find a nap mat with a pillow and blanket. Just be sure to check how easy they are to wash!
Is it Easy to store?
With 20 or so kids in your child’s day-care class, that’s a lot of nap mats and bedding to store. It’s preferable to buy a kinder mat that your child can learn how to roll, fold and store. Look for kinder mats with durable, Velcro fasteners to make this easier for them.
Are washing instructions included?
It seems quite a few nap mats have been ruined by parents not being clear on the washing instructions. You’ll find many are fine to be machine-washed but they need to line-dried. Always check to see if the washing instructions are given and clearly stated.
Does it meet US Safety Standards?
The top-rated kindergarten nap mats usually have industry-leading safety certifications. There are different certificates but always check to see your toddler’s nap mat passes the fire standards (especially flammability) and chemical emissions.
Kindergarten Nap Mats Reviews
Here’s the full list of all the nap mats that we like (and apparently many other parents too)!
|Urban Infant Tot Cot All-in-One Nap Mat|
|EVERYDAY KIDS Toddler Nap Mat|
|Baby Shark Toddler Nap Mat|
|Wildkin Original Nap Mat|
|Funhouse Dinosaurs Kids Nap Mat|
|Disney Minnie Mouse Toddler Rolled Nap Mat|
|Marvel Super Hero Adventures Spidey Action Nap Mat|
Urban Infant Tot Cot All-in-One Nap Mat Review
- Size: 52″ x 22″ x 1″, nap mat fits standard preschool cot (52″ x 22″), floor mats (48″ x 24″) and fits seamlessly on Regalo portable cots
- Materials: nap mat features a removable and 100% machine washable toddler pillow, thin quilted lining, child’s name tag, attached premium no-pill fleece blanket, quick roll-up system, and a handle for easy toting! nap mat is lead-safe, bpa-free, phthalate-free, contains no fire-retardant chemicals, and conforms to all Consumer Products Safety Commission rules and regulations.
- Portability: roll-up portability with secret pocket make this super easy to pack and go.
- Cleaning: Lightweight, design-conscious, and durable enough to withstand weekly washings for years. Simply machine wash cold and tumble dry
- Designs: 18 total designs that are great for both boys and girls
The Urban Infant Tot Cot All-in-One Nap Mat is this years Editor’s Choice award winner. In my opinion, this is the best nap mat money can buy.
If you’re looking for a nap mat that’s going to last your child through their toddler years, then the Urban Infant Tot Cot All-in-One Nap Mat is perfect! This mat provides comfort and convenience for any baby or toddler. Whether they’re taking a nap during the day or at night, this mat will keep them comfortable without any risk of rolling off onto the floor. It also comes with an attached pillow which can be removed when it’s no longer needed. If you need to wash it just place it in your washer and dryer on low heat settings, making sure not to use bleach as this may damage the fabric.
This is one product that parents won’t regret buying!
Everyday Kids Toddler Nap Mat Review
- Size: The mat measures 20” in width by 50” in length with the attached comforter measuring 31” in width by 40” length making it the perfect size for childrens ages 2 to 4 to attain high-quality sleep
- Materials: Each set is made of 100% soft brushed microfiber polyester. This high-quality material is breathable, fade resistant and naturally hypoallergenic.
- Portability: The rollup design allows the mat to travel with ease as well as the convenient fastening closures straps and the carrying handle. The easy to see name tag window ensures there are no more fighting over which mat is theirs.
- Cleaning: To preserve the bold colors and playful designs, it’s best to machine wash the set in a gentle cycle, in cold water and with similar colors. You can tumble dry on low and even use an iron on low heat if needed.
- Designs: 14 super cool designs that any boy or girl will love
The Everyday Kids Toddler Nap Mat is our Most Popular award winner this year. It’s at a middle-of-the-road price and offers a lot for that money.
The Everyday Kids Toddler Nap Mat is the perfect mat for toddlers to take a nap on. The mat has built in handles so that it can be picked up and carried around with ease, and it folds up conveniently into its own carrying case for travel. This mat also features an attached pillow which will help your child feel comfortable as they nap!
I highly recommend this product because of how easy it is to transport and store when not in use, but more importantly because of how comfortable and stylish it is!
Baby Shark Toddler Nap Mat Review
- Size: 46″ x 21″
- Materials: 100% Polyester mat with 100% coral plush attached blanket
- Portability: Rolls up with Velcro closure tabs and easy carry handle
- Cleaning: Machine Washable
- Designs: There’s only 1 design, but it’s super popular
The Baby Shark Toddler Nap Mat is this years Best Value award winner. It’s the cheapest nap mat that made our list this year, but by no means is it an under performer.
Toddlers are hard to keep happy, and when it comes to nap time, they can be even more difficult. They don’t want to sleep in their beds anymore, but they also refuse to stay awake during the day. The Baby Shark Toddler Nap Mat is a great solution for this problem! This mat has a cute design that will make your little one excited about napping again. It’s also soft so it’s comfortable enough for them as well!
if you’re looking for a durable, affordable, and adorable nap mat that your little one will love and use, then look no further.
Wildkin Nap Mat Review
- Size: 50″ x 1.5″ x 20″
- Materials: Nap mats for preschool are made from a super soft blend of cotton and polyester materials, the attached blanket is lined with 100% cotton flannel to keep your little one extra warm.
- Portability: The rest mat for preschool or sleeping bag feature roll-up design, complete with elastic hook and loop fastening straps and a convenient carrying handle.
- Cleaning: Accidents happen, which is why we made our toddler sleeping mat easy to clean just place your kids mat for toddlers in a front-loading washer in cold water on a gentle cycle and hang to dry.
- Designs: 14 total to choose from with most designs that boys would find appealing
The Wildkin Original Nap Mat didn’t win an award this year, but it came in fourth place. We really like this mat and it made our top list last year.
It’s a quality, cute and cozy nap mat for your little ones. It features a fun animal print on the front of it with its head popping out of the top! This makes it easy for kids to find their designated spot in an overcrowded room full of sleeping children without having to search around. The back side has a super soft material that will keep your child cozy and comfortable while they rest. You can also get these mats in different colors if you want more than one color!
The Wildkin Nap Mat has been described as “The Perfect Preschool Mat” by delighted parents.
This kindergarten nap mat has a good amount of padding on the bottom to help make sleeping on floors more comfortable. It also comes with a removable pillow and over-sized blanket for your child’s extra comfort.
It rolls up easily and secures together with Velcro for easy storage. The carry straps are a real godsend as you’ll always have your hands full when dropping children off.
A really nice feature of the Wildkins nap mats is there are 22 different designs to choose from! Dinosaurs, Superman, Batman, butterflies, princesses and fairies…perfect for all little boys and girls.
They also offer matching lunch boxes and backpacks which to help easily identify your child’s things.
- Choice of Designs – 22 designs for boys & girls including fairies, butterflies, princess, trains & dinosaurs!
- Removable Pillow – Comes with a comfortable, removable pillow.
- Easy to Wash – Simply remove the pillow and it’s good for machine-wash.
- Good Padding – Well padded to making sleeping on floors more comfortable.
- Rolls Up Easily – Easy to roll-up and 3-year olds can do easily it with practice.
- Easy to Carry – There are carry straps and a big handle for easy transportation.
- Huge Blanket -Kids love the big blanket and it’s twice the width of the mat.
- Matching Lunch Box & Back Pack Available – Helps easily find your little one’s things.
- On the small side
This kinder mat has been described as perfect for under 5s. If your child is big for their age; it might be too small by 4 1/2.
Funhouse Dinosaurs Kids Nap Mat Review
- Size: 46″ X 21″
- Materials: 100% polyester mat with 100% Coral plush attached blanket.
- Portability: Great for naptime, sleepovers, daycare, and travel. Rolls up with Velcro closure tabs and easy carry handle
- Cleaning: Machine washable
- Designs: 10 designs suitable for both boys and girls
The design is so adorable, both boys and girls love it. It’s super soft, easy to wash, and great for the price.
The Funhouse Dinosaurs Kids Nap Mat is perfect for kids who need to take a nap. It features an ultra soft and comfy design that will make your child feel like they are sleeping in their favorite place – the toy room! This mat also includes a built-in pillow, fitted sheet, and lightweight polyester fill which provides extra comfort. Whether it be at home or on the go, this mat is guaranteed to provide optimal sleep for any little one!
Disney Minnie Mouse Toddler Rolled Nap Mat Review
- Size: 46″ x 21″
- Materials: 100% polyester microfiber
- Portability: Comes with an easy carry strap, perfect for travel
- Cleaning: Machine wash separately in cold water, gentle cycle, use only non-chlorine bleach when needed, tumble dry on low heat, do not iron, do not dry clean
- Designs: The Minnie Mouse design comes in only one design, and it’s the most popular one. They do have 16 total Disney themed nap mats.
The Disney Minnie Mouse Toddler Rolled Nap Mat is loved by girls. It may be a bit thinner than some of the other mats we’ve listed. Some may say it’s fashion over function.
The Disney Minnie Mouse Toddler Rolled Nap Mat is a great way to introduce your little one to the world of Disney. This mat, which was designed for toddlers aged three and up, has a fun and colorful design that will delight any fan of Mickey’s girlfriend. The mat also features an easy-to-clean surface (simply wipe it down with soap and water) as well as a soft fleece cover that can be removed for machine washing when necessary. It even comes with its own storage bag!
Marvel Super Hero Adventures Spidey Action Nap Mat Review
- Size: 46″ x 20″
- Materials: Made from 100% polyester microfiber
- Portability: Nap mat rolls up effortlessly for easy travel. Carrying handle and Velcro enclosure allow you to get out the door quickly. Claim your nap mat with the customizable name plaque.
- Cleaning: Super Hero Adventures nap mat is easy to clean and holds up through multiple washes. To clean machine wash cold. To dry, tumble dry low. Only non-chlorine bleach when needed. Do not iron.
- Designs: 22 designs in total! I’m sure your child will find one of their favorites!
The Marvel Super Hero Adventures Spidey Action Nap Mat is an excellent addition to any Marvel Super Hero fan’s collection.
The Marvel Super Hero Adventures Spidey Action Nap Mat is an excellent choice for a child’s nap mat. It features Spider-Man graphics and comes with a matching pillow case, which can be removed to wash the mat. The mat measures 36″ x 14″ x 5″, so it will fit most children without being too big or small. This is the perfect gift for any Marvel fan!
The mat is made from a thick and durable material that makes it difficult for children to roll off the edges of the entire bed during their naps. The design is eye-catching as well, featuring Spidey crawling up one side of the nap mat with Avengers Tower in background
Previous Winners No Longer On Our Top List
Ozark Mountain Nap Mat Review
I’ve looked extensively at all the kindermats available today and many aren’t 2 inches thick. A thinner nap mat might not be allowed in your child’s daycare. Plus it stands to reason that a thicker kindermat will be more comfortable for kids – and that should always be our main concern!
In light of this, I was pleased to find the Ozark Mountain Nap Mat. True, it is almost double the price than some of the kindergarten mats on this list. I’d also say that the colors and patterns available aren’t as endearing as the Disney mats, either. So why recommend it?! Is it worth the price?
As well as meeting the “2 inch thick mat” criteria, this kindermat has blown in polyester fill. This means it’s like the mat has air chambers and provides a super- comfortable sleep. It has a sewn-in blanket and pillow as you’d expect, too.
It’s also suitable for preschoolers up to 4′ tall! So you should get a lot of use out of it. As you can see from the photos, it rolls up into a backpack for our kid to carry.
A problem thicker mats do tend to have is losing their shape in the wash. Well, quite a few parents have commented that it doesn’t lose it’s cushioning and is “The Best Nap Mat” they’ve ever seen! (Often adding they wish it was available in adult size!)
Personally, I’d fire the person who designed the colors for Orzak Mountain. However, if you’re looking for a comfortable, thick nap mat that will last more than a few months the Orzak Mountain is one of the best kindergarten mats on the market.
- 2 inch Thick Mat – Meets all Daycare / Kindergarten RequirementsSoft & Comfortable – Blown In Polyester Fill
- Sewn-in Blanket & Pillow
- Machine Washable
- Rolls-up into a backpack
- Can be used until 4″ tall
- Well-made from high-quality fabric
- The most expensive on our list
- No Name Tag
Olive Kids Nap Mat
The Olive Kids Nap Mat has a perfect mix of cuteness and comfort. If your toddler is like mine, they are crazy about planes, trains and automobiles. Well, this kindergarten nap mat has all of those and also nice vibrant colors for them to love.
For comfort, it has extra padding underneath the mat and pillow. And speaking of the pillow, it is removable so the whole thing can be machine-washed.
There’s also an extra-large blanket so your little one can wrap themselves up and get some good rest.
- Removable Pillow – Extra comfort for sleepy heads and easy to wash.
- CPSIA Compliant – Meets the CPSIA consumer safety standard.
- Vibrant & Cute – Bright colors and planes, trains and automobiles that toddlers love.
- Easy to Roll – Rolls up easily enough a 3 year-old can do it. Secures with 2 velcro straps.
- Easy to Carry – When rolled up has 2 shoulder straps for easy transportation.
- Good Padding – The pillow and mat are both padded to make sleeping on the floor comfortable.
- Big, Soft Blanket – The blanket is big and soft, perfect for children to wrap themselves up in.
- Not Waterproof
- The Velcro straps will wear out over time
My First Memory Nap Mat Review
My First Memory have produced a really comfortable kinder mat. It’s specifically designed for kindergarten / daycare and even comes with a blank name tag for you and your little one to personalize. The use of memory foam helps it rate high in the comfort stakes.
Another good feature is the removable cover than can be machine-washed. There are quite a few reports of “Pilling” – where all the padding gets bunched up in the wash. With this mat, you don’t need to wash the cushioning so it won’t happen.
The removable pillow also provides great head support to ensure your preschooler gets plenty of rest during nap-time.
- Soft and Comfortable – The memory foam and velour-like texture make it incredibly soft.
- Removable Pillow – The removable contoured pillow provides extra-head support.
- Removable Cover – The cover can be zipped-off and washed, protecting the cushioning.
- Easy to Store: Rolls up and has Velcro straps for easy storage.
- Easy to Carry: The large handle means the mat is easy to carry when you have your hands full.
- Ceerti-PUR-US: Has an Industry-leading safety standard for quality & safety assurance.
- Name-Tag: The included blank nametag is a really nice touch.
- Only 1 inch Thick: Some Kindergartens and States specify 2 inch thick nap mats.
- No Blanket Unlike some of the other leading brands, this sleeping mat does not come with an attached blanket.
Angeles Nap Mat Review
The Angeles Nap Mat is recommended by a number of Kindergartens / Day Care centers across the country. It has also qualified for “Greenguard Gold” certification, which protects children from harmful products in classrooms and schools. So, it’s safe, but is it comfortable?
Well, the big selling feature of this kindergarten mat is the extra thickness and width. Most kinder mats are only around 1 inch thick. Over time, they will flatten out and provide less comfort for your little one. The Angeles is a 2 inch thick nap mat. This gives it more comfort and durability. Particularly if your kindergarten / day care center puts the mats on a wooden floor.
If you value safety and comfort over a cute Disney character, this is the one for you. Besides, you can always add stickers & transfers to the mat to brighten it up a bit.
- Extra Wide 24″ – More space for your little one as most nap mats are 20″
- Extra Thick 2″ – Extra Comfort and prevents being flattened out over time.
- Very Durable – Has a triple ply, rip-proof cover.
- Easy To clean – Vinyl cover makes it easy to clean.
- Easy to stack – 4 sections to make it easy to store and stack
- Germ Proof – Resistant to germs and bacteria.
- Waterproof – No need to worry about spilling things.
- Greenguard Gold Certification – Product safety standard for children in classrooms & daycare.
- Bulky- It is bulky to carry which may be a problem if take it home every day.
- Spaced Gaps – Some parents worry the gaps between the sections are too large.
Nap Mats in Bulk
If you’re buying for several kids, (or perhaps can club together with other parents) or for a kindergarten / daycare center you can make some great savings buying in bulk.
These kindermats from ECR4kids are available in singles or as packs of 5. They are very similar in size and design to the Angeles Mat we reviewed above.
The main difference is these mats have an attached name tag. You can also choose if you prefer a 3 fold or 4 fold design and 1 inch or 2 inches thick.